If you have a website, but do not have a well-established blog page yet; you can choose to integrate a blog from WordPress to your site. This maximizes the effect that your website can bring to your business.
Integrating your website and your WordPress blog is as easy as creating a subfolder in your site and uploading the WordPress files in it.
To guide you more, here are the steps:
1. Create a subfolder on your site. If your current site is: http://examplewebsite.com, make a secondary folder such as http://shapesandsizes.com/blog. You are free to rename the "blog".
2. Transfer files from WordPress to your site. Make sure you have established your WordPress blog first. After you have polished your blog, you are now ready to download and upload its files into the subfolder. If the process has been successful, install the WordPress into your site.
3. Make each site pages WordPress-friendly. To ensure that each of the pages of your site is functional in either WordPress mode or customized site, add snippets at top of each page. This transforms regular PHP codes into a readable WordPress format.
4. Add Loop on pages. Remember to modify and paste the codes for WordPress' loop into your
website's pages. By adding the loop, you enable posts for each of the pages. You can choose to add another loop or more depending on how organic you want your page to be.
5. Complement the WordPress Theme. To preserve your existing website design, you can just integrate it with WordPress. Go to wp-content/themes/ and make a personalized folder; in it transfer the design files. Whether you have created your design in PHP, CSS, or HTML, WordPress can accommodate it.
However, in HTML, you will have to specify <base href-"http://examplewebsite.com" />.
By citing the <base>, the browser can direct to the main site. This saves you time in editing each pages.
By doing the above steps, you can now have the best of both worlds: the customization features of a regular website and the SEO-Content readiness of WordPress. Together, they build for you a powerful website that is equipped for marketing product/service in the internet.
You may choose to build your site’s own blog pages, but the built-in SEO features of WordPress are extremely practical for businessmen. Reserve the future of your customized blog in the hands of your webmaster, for now; grab the lucrative benefits of WordPress and your current website.
Hazel Joy P. Crizaldo is currently working as a Writer for Netmusketeer.com. The company specializes in website development; offering web design and web administration services. Visit www.netmusketeer.com or call 1-855-5689327 to choose the design and package that fits you.